Monday, October 20, 2008

Where are we?

Well it is an interesting question isn't it with myriad answers, we are in this physical space, yes, but we are also in this mental space, and for many, a spiritual space. Is time use a mental exercise, of course. Is time use a spiritual exercise? I think many people would say yes actually.

Each moment is a separate and yet connected multi-faceted jewel. A jewel we can cradle with our awareness or we can let it pass us by it's rich beauty gone. Tenaciously we attempt to grip both the past and often a future; which we use our now to prepare for. Oddly we cannot hold anything except the now. This is idea of being present in the now has been filtered through many lenses. Newspaper, television sitcom, magazines, word of mouth, email advice, religious text etc...So you have probably already run across it.

The now.

The now...

THE NOW!

It seems for me that thinking this way provides relief but I also feel pressured, to take this moment into account and live it well. I once told a friend of mine that the only thing I must do to achieve happiness is to live this moment well.

That's it.

I have only run into true trouble when I don't think through what that looks like or when I attempt to do too much. For me it is as if I am over loading my washing machine in an attempt to catch up on laundry till nothing gets clean. In real life when I attempt too much I get nothing done, it is a terrible and overwhelming state.

As deepen my understanding of how to live each moment well, relief and peace increase and become a way of being.

Next time more thoughts on the Infinite Profusion of Time
JB

No comments: