Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Finite Flow


Finite
adjective
1. having bounds or limits; not infinite; measurable.
2. Mathematics.
a. (of a set of elements) capable of being completely counted.
b. not infinite or infinitesimal.
c. not zero.
3. subject to limitations or conditions, as of space, time, circumstances, or the laws of nature: man's finite existence on earth.

Profusion-
–noun
1. abundance; abundant quantity.
2. a great quantity or amount (often fol. by of).
3. lavish spending; extravagance.

time
noun.
1.
a. A nonspatial continuum in which events occur in apparently irreversible succession from the past through the present to the future.
b. An interval separating two points on this continuum; a duration: a long time since the last war; passed the time reading.


I love the sub-title of my blog because it captures my view of time so well. Exploring my conflict with time and how it progresses has been very interesting.

Perhaps I have read way too much quantum physics material but it does seem to be a sort of
Schrödinger's cat situation where both, finite and profusion, are true of time all at once. At least that is until one perceives it as one or the other.

So my work is to perceive time as infinite and my capabilities as limited only by my choice of perspectives and my level of initiative.

If anyone got what I was saying... cool.

Definitions are from the the Free Dictionary by Farlex and Dictionary.com an Ask.com service

No comments: