Monday, December 15, 2008

A pep talk

I think that those of us that have periodic run ins with the quintessential "Bad Day", ahem pretty much everybody, should consider writing a missive from your cheerful powerful self to your insecure-slovenly-bad-attitude-to match-the-bad-hair-day self.

I have moments where I am in such a fabulous mood and I feel so strongly rooted in myself that I know that I could handle just about anything well. When I unconditionally believe in my ability to handle both the rocky path I see and the thundering I hear that holds the possibility of an incredibly large waterfall just around the bend, when I feel that flexible inner strength, knowing I can accept both my failures and my successes with equal grace, this is the feeling I wish I could evoke on those days.

Those days.

I have a plan, a wonderful true to my goals and my essence plan! I am one of those people that feels better when I have a plan, I also like to fly by the seat of my pants but I'll take a plan if there doesn't happen to be a flying carpet available.

SO here is the Plan: write, draw, sculpt, create a scent or texture that captures your good day when you are having a good day. Make more than one project, write more than one poem, novel, letter, or paint more than one canvas, rock, etc, (if possible) then hide it, save it and wait.

When needed break glass. Not just any glass (though that is it's own type of therapy for some) rather I mean the glass ceiling that you mind has created sticking you in the day of your nightmares. Break it with your own personal insight into your unique flavor of joy. Then determine your commitment to bear that joy in your soul. Cleave close to you mind that strength of purpose and do something that embodies your vision.

Allow yourself to be filled with purpose and forward momentum.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Friend speaks my mind.